Take Two: Nissan S13 Silvia

Projects undertaken by redlineAU members to improve various aspects of their cars.
blv
Permantly Unavailable
Drives: MTB
Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke

Post by blv » Thu 03 May, 2007 12:27 pm

its not atm, i got done by a 3 cyl handivan... when revving it to 3000rpm is all youve got and you cant go over 1psi without it breaking down, its seriously not fast...
I just don't know if people like me. I know when they don't like me 'cause they'll say things like, 'Yeah, that's him, officer.'

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Mon 21 May, 2007 5:15 pm

well holy smokes...

not only did it post the 13.508 @ 100 mph at teh drags whilst missing high in the revs (cause the slow 100mph) but now i put a set of NGK V-grooves in the bastard, gapped them to .9mm and fuck me, it hammers on 14psi. i pulled away from a HSV GTO whilst wheelspinning in 2nd gear with the semi slicks still on... god i wish i put those plugs in before the drags.

and on another note, ITS GETTING TUNED TOMORROW!!! and a gates racing timing belt installed at the same time.
I just don't know if people like me. I know when they don't like me 'cause they'll say things like, 'Yeah, that's him, officer.'

Bobjones
1000RPM

Post by Bobjones » Tue 22 May, 2007 8:16 am

Fark me this sounds like a weapon now, can't wait to see some power graphs...I so need to get an intercooler....
Bobjones is back biatches...!!!

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Tue 22 May, 2007 5:18 pm

im sad now. it stopped firing this morning on teh way to mercury. so it went to mercury on a tow truck, and they are going to have a look at it, and see why it isnt running. once they get it running, they'll then tune it!

Schmack
Me Tarzan
Drives: Mazda 3 MPS

Post by Schmack » Wed 23 May, 2007 11:09 am

mate... do you have any hair left ? this car has been very cruel to you lately....
Hmmm.... really ?

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Wed 23 May, 2007 12:38 pm

i know... its shitting me..

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Sat 26 May, 2007 3:18 pm

ok heres the latest.

went to mercury on the tow truck. trent called me wednesday, and it was a broken crank angle sensor. doh. i needed to put washers to hold it out when removing the timing cover.

so thats all done.

now i got a gates racing timing belt on it too. so thats another thing not to worry about.

after trents desoldering tool shat itself, he was ever so kind to swap me his already chipped ECU for my standard one. so once the desoldering tool is going again, he can chip mine.

first up john ran my car in the state i ran it at willowbank. 150 rwkw (201 rwhp). nice.... thats about the same power my blue one had. then he spun it on 14psi, and it made 183 rwkw (245 rwhp). but it was pinging so john shut it down at 7000rpm.

so we put the chipped ECU in, and plugged the tuning unit in. after playing around for a bit, we managed 191 rwkw (256 rwhp) on 15psi... niiiice....

then john burnt the chip and installed it. when i left the car didnt rev over 4500rpm and didnt boost over 6 psi, it just kept breaking down. so i went back and john took it for a drive and said there is something definately weird going on, the decided to remove the chip and double check it, only to find it didnt burn properly and was blank. he was suprized the car ran. so we reburnt it and double checked it, all good. so he reinstalled it and it fuckin hammers. really smooth throughout the whole rev range. just as it hits 15psi though the coils start packing it in, so it misfires a bit. but once i get the cash up, a set of splitfires are going in, and john said he wants to throw it back on the dyno just to fine tune it a bit more for me...

w00t. im glad the poofter is actually going now, instead of being the whore it has been. i better not say that too loud, my is just out the front, and might hear me....

Jon 51
1000RPM

Post by Jon 51 » Mon 28 May, 2007 9:16 am

256 rwhp :twisted: nice
I heard that wrapping the coil packs in leccy tape can help that miss high up. have you tried that?

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Mon 28 May, 2007 12:21 pm

nah im not doing dodgey stuff on this car, so i'll just buy a new set.

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Mon 02 Jul, 2007 7:24 pm

heheh look what i found

Bobjones
1000RPM

Post by Bobjones » Tue 03 Jul, 2007 7:54 am

And that would be??

Your missing the slug like things that go atop the long thingo's with the whole at the bottom...

cGr
Intuition

Post by cGr » Tue 03 Jul, 2007 8:33 am

Bobjones wrote:Your missing the slug like things that go atop the long thingo's with the whole at the bottom...

Me fail english? That's unpossible!

Stroker crank blv?

Jesters13
Annoyingous Maximus

Post by Jesters13 » Tue 03 Jul, 2007 8:45 am

And I hear its one colour now ??

What colour would that be????

Where are the pics?
Redlineau's "little ray of sunshine"

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Tue 03 Jul, 2007 11:49 am

yeah its one colour. the standard silver and grey.

that crank is an RB26 and so are the rods. running these with the RB20 bore makes it a 2.4 litre. im still deciding whether i should ge tthe block bored, to make it bigger capacity again.

i havent pulled my motor down or anything yet, im just collecting parts so in a few months i can build it in one go.

i need to get pistons and cams etc, and i might just get an RB25 stock head so the valve size and port sizes are bigger than the RB20, because that will be the restriction.

skidvicious
Trevor

Post by skidvicious » Wed 04 Jul, 2007 3:05 am

25 head, 20 forged slugs, 26 rods and crank. it will be quite a frankenstein but with good cams, gt35r and tune it will pump a decent skid! after all thats whats important
37" treapys 8psi beadlocked, both lockers engaged, 43% crawler gears, td42 screaming at 4100rpm on 20psi, all i see is sky, all i hear is rocks belting the body work, suddenly the quiet pop of right front cv, we come to a stop, out with the winch cable!

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:27 pm

well i just scored myself a set of RB26DETT cams and coil packs. slowly getting there.

Bobjones
1000RPM

Post by Bobjones » Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:05 am

Hell yeah, you so need to document this build, there is quite a few people that have attempted this and failed...so good luck I am sure you guys will be OK.

Oh and Cam me no fail English, me having a joke, OK, happy ending $5??

SecaBoy
Mr Indecisive

Post by SecaBoy » Wed 11 Jul, 2007 10:40 am

HAHAHAHAHA... thats a nice comforting thought bobjones!!! :lol:
1991 Toyota Corolla Seca ==> SOLD
2001 Subaru Impreza WRX ==> SOLD
2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury ==> SOLD
1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Mon 16 Jul, 2007 6:39 pm

bit of an update.

i replaced the worst looking coil i had in my car, for another second hand one i got from a mate, and it 15psi with no misfiring. so i just need to fix the water pump and it'll be sorted finally

blv
Permantly Unavailable

Post by blv » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 5:58 pm

water pump was fitted today. woohoo!!!

1 last problem, engine cuts at 7000rpm in 3rd under WOT. will also do it in second if im ripping a skid. 4th gear it will cut over 6000rpm. and just keep cutting. this shits me cause when i take it too the drags, the fucker will cut before the line. thats why last time i only ran a 13.5 @ 100. im happy with that time, but that mph should be higher cause it cut before the line. im going to ring mercury tomorrow and talk to john about it, to see if he can sus it out. i thought the EDIT would have fixed it, but now that the car is running 100% i have been giving it some, and have discovered this problem still exsists. man i hate cars