[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
redlineAU.com • View topic - MY11.5 VW Golf R (175FUN v2.0)
redlineAU.com Search Search - FAQ

Messages Login

It is currently Thu 17 Jan, 2019 8:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MY11.5 VW Golf R (175FUN v2.0)
PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan, 2012 6:19 am 
1000RPM

definitely a plus being able to upload the new tune yourself, compared to paying a fee each time your dealer re-flashes it at a service. Mind you, that also means that you never get the benefits of factory updates either unless you know what they are and get them built into your tune. I had this recently, had the service manager at my dealership ring me up about 1hr after I dropped the car off, asking if they could re-flash it to the new map they had. I said "Sure thing, go nuts!" and he responded with "Are you sure?" After a bit more probing, and me saying Yes, but why are you asking, he said that it was because the mechanic asked him to drive the car and they both agreed that it must have had a custom tune in it because of how much better it went, and figured I would get upset by them getting rid of it. The car has the factory tune in it btw, all the other mods were physical. But luckily I have a dealership who don't worry about that.

BTW there are a lot of ways built in nowadays for them to know if it has been tampered with or not. They will just humour it as long as there are no major warranty claims, or you get a good/dump dealer. I still remember a mate's dramas with a warranty claim on his S3, which finally got resolved at the national level accompanied with an order to not touch an aftermarket tune again if he wants to keep his warranty.

Post subject: MY11.5 VW Golf R (175FUN v2.0)
PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan, 2012 6:20 am 
plays the skin flute

Drives:
15k already!!!

How many trips to Sydney have you done!

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan, 2012 10:04 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
Ha ha! I do a lot of driving to customer sites etc. One day I'm driving to Ipswich, the next I'm heading down the Gold Coast for a customer lunch. The day after I'm going to Virginia to sort out some issue. With the 200SX, I never kept a log book, but now that I have a new car - I'm going to get as much of it back on tax as I can.

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan, 2012 10:07 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb, 2012 4:45 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
Well, after 10yrs , 7 months and 5 days of ownership - I finally said goodbye to my much loved S15 200SX.

Here are some photos of the car, and the new owner picking it up today.

Attachments:
IMG_9148.jpg
IMG_9148.jpg [ 84.09 KiB | Viewed 77514 times ]
IMG_9146.jpg
IMG_9146.jpg [ 94.69 KiB | Viewed 77514 times ]
IMG_9137.jpg
IMG_9137.jpg [ 76.93 KiB | Viewed 77514 times ]
PostPosted: Sun 26 Feb, 2012 12:08 pm 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
I miss it already!

PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2012 9:51 pm 
male housemaid

what did you pay for the Viezu Noel?

PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2012 2:01 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
I got it on special for $900 - inc the hand controller. I think the price has gone up now though. When I got mine, it was a special introductory offer because Viezu had just landed on the Australian market.

And as luck would have it - I also ended up with all the tunes, rather than just the 2 you normally get with the hand controller. I've now got the Economy, Performance and Motorsport tune.

PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2012 5:14 pm 
male housemaid

Sounds like a good deal. I am looking at 2010 A5 Quattro 2 litre and think it might need a little more grunt.

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun, 2012 4:44 pm 
BLUE STEEL!

Drives:
You will have to let us know when you do an open lakeside run next mate, wohldnt mind taking the micra round lakeside =D

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan, 2013 1:30 pm 
male housemaid

I finally drove an R today, first impressions are pretty good with the exception of the lag off the line which my R32 doesn't have. Other than that they are quite similar; familar without being the same. VW are currently doing 1.5% finance on all Golfs including the R and my lease is up in April so timing could work however it looks like negotiating with VW will be difficult with such a low interest rate.

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jan, 2013 9:31 am 
1000RPM

Yes, they didn't want to budge from rrp if finance was being used. You can also try to push for the 6years warranty and either free or fixed priced servicing, on a lease (unless maintained) this could be better for you. Mind you, it was a bit of a rip off considering they can get the money at 0%, so there was still room to play. I didn't want to use their finance, but at those rates it is kind of silly to use your own money. Anyway, they lost their chance to take my money, though best dealers I found was Sunshine Coast and Ipswich.

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jan, 2013 11:31 am 
male housemaid

New model is out in 2 months with the R to follow later this year. They will have to run these out shortly and Carsales has plenty of new R's for sale.

I would be keen for the 6 year warranty and have this on my R32. See what they come back to me with tomorrow but I dont expect a deal, just a list of cars at full freight. I am in no rush and after jumping back in the R32 wasnt in love with the R.

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 9:05 am 
5000RPM

Drives:
The new model will be interesting, with the new chassis. I hope they style the new R a bit more aggressively than the new Golf "look". I'll have to flip my R in 4-5 years, hopefully the MK VIII will be out by then....or (even hoping for more) I can afford an Audi. LOL.

PostPosted: Mon 20 May, 2013 6:57 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
The R now has 45,000km on it and it went for it's 3rd service today. I came out with a new set of tyres aswell. I'm now running Michelin Pilot Sport 2. They were $360/corner fitted, which I think is a pretty good price.

I'm really happy with the Dunlop Super Maxx's that came with the car. They lasted 45,000km, and that was with 3 "track" days in the mix aswell. The Pirelli's on Jo's car still have about 20% tread left, and they are now up to 52,000km.

PostPosted: Tue 21 May, 2013 11:39 am 
Power Suits are for Pussies

Drives:

PostPosted: Tue 21 May, 2013 12:23 pm 
male housemaid

thats great mileage.

I have 95k on my car and just put on the 4th set of tyres I think. the orginal dunlops were terrible toward the end.

I have Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2 and highly recommend them. These are at least the third set of F1's I have had.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jun, 2013 1:29 pm 
Started

Drives:
Hmm what a beautiful car... I like your car because its looking very good, and superb clean. You done very good modifications on the car, which makes your car unique. and the color is very glowing in sun light. Thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Fri 23 Aug, 2013 8:17 am 
male housemaid

Noel, not thinking of upgrading? The new R looks like it will be a great car, more grunt (but yours is probably close anyway).

I think I will look at an MKVI R later this year or early next year. Don't need the latest model, I just want to have something under warranty. I have been seriously considering something like a C63 or M3 but I would be buying a few years old and heard a horror story about a C63 recently.

PostPosted: Fri 23 Aug, 2013 8:29 am 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
Would still buy a C63 over a M3 anyday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next