[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
redlineAU.com • View topic - FPV F6 - Build 321 -
redlineAU.com Search Search - FAQ

Messages Login

It is currently Fri 18 Jan, 2019 6:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: FPV F6 - Build 321 -
PostPosted: Sat 24 Sep, 2011 5:40 pm 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:

So, I have recently discussed new cars in the general forum and was out in the road looking at what was on offer. I went and checked a few out and there were a few standouts. Couple the performance and overall features package with the price and I just had to have the F6.

Loving this car, now just two days old. German, Jnr, Secaboy and myself went out for a bit of a drive and photo session today to get some snaps of the new car. They are below!

I have near to no plans to mod this vehicle for a while. It's stock and has a tint! Mmm boost is soooo good.

Last edited by spitex on Wed 28 Sep, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 24 Sep, 2011 5:58 pm 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
I need help making plates for my F6. If I select a winning suggestion from someone else, I will take you to dinner and maybe a movie depending on how dinner goes ;) I would prefer to pay $400ish for the cheapo plates but if I really like it, or cant find a cheap plate, I will possibly buy a prestige.

Details about the car to work with.

4.0 Litre - 6Cylinder Turbo
Make FPV
Model 2011 FG F6
Unique Build # - 321

Someone else work some magic - I recall Antos being amazing with this shit.

I wanted FPV321 - Make + Build Number - but it's taken.

Here's my next preference.

321FVI - (build # F6) - with or without separator?

Other Suggestions

32WUN - Build Number
III21 - three, two, one, build number

UCF60 - You See F6T
OHF60 - Oh, F6T
EFF60 - F6T

LOL321 - Obnoxious racing plate? with Build number.

FPV460 - FPV 4Litre SIX TEE (for Turbo)

Gay Plates
SPITE
SPI73
FPVFVI

Plates that would be awesome if i didn't have to pay
CLUNGE
OBGYN
OBWUN
NOTHSV
LOLHSV
PDOFYL

Sadly, the plate PANDA is taken, I would need to go "P4NDA"....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 24 Sep, 2011 6:19 pm 
Power Suits are for Pussies

Drives:
SPITE..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2011 9:16 am 
I love lamp

Drives:
P4NDA is awesome!

98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2011 11:59 am 
5000RPM

Drives:
FKN-01
FKN FPV

FGF60 (FG F6 T)
FGF611 (FG F6 2011)
WHI73

After checking availability ... the only combo available above is FKN FPV :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2011 1:25 pm 
Intuition

I reckon you should get P4NDA, though you seem to really want something with 321 in it.

What I wouldnt get, is something that needs a zero in it to make up the space, looks a bit naff and its a bit of a copout IMHO. Yes, this is coming from someone with a number plate that thanks to (I'm pretty sure was) JNR, gets called CG-R00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2011 3:32 pm 
Power Suits are for Pussies

Drives:
HAHA I dunno if I started that but I do recall calling your plates cgroo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2011 4:10 pm 
pants

Drives:

Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2011 4:44 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2011 9:06 pm 
1000RPM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep, 2011 9:09 pm 
argument inc

Drives:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep, 2011 2:08 am 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
Nice suggestions Ted, I seriously considered a couple of yours. You really got a good plate in 321OGO, such a good one no matter the car.

I ABSOLUTELY love driving this car. It's basically a couch with a turbo installed haha.

I am HATING the fuel/soot/shit/powder on the back of the car coupled with very light rain. The back of my white car behind the rear door looks like a chimney sweep after a full day of work. I think I will have to drive faster to outrun the soot LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep, 2011 6:41 am 
Mr Indecisive

ooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, like i told you on sat... you could mod it and stop having it run so rich!! :D

hehehe

1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 4:02 pm 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
HARDEST CAR TO KEEP CLEAN IN THE WORLD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 4:07 pm 
Mr. Diplomacy

Drives:
Really? I would have thought that white was easier to keep clean than any other colour ...

"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 4:53 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
No way... you want a car hard to keep clean? Try a black one. That's why I went with white as the next colour - it's 10x easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 5:12 pm 
Mr. Diplomacy

Drives:
No way! Every time I cleaned that damn gtir you could see the dust settling on the minute the chammy gets packed up!

"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 6:05 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke
Drives:
My white GT liberty was a massive PITA. Not as bad as black in regards to looking dusty, but at least black doesnt show up fucking tar. Every week it was not just a wash like a black car, it was a wash, and get the turps and rag out to clean the tar. Then another coat of wax because the turps rips any polish off as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 7:53 pm 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
Ended up with the Garmin GPS. As a special from the place we got it, they threw in the Garmin Bluetooth ecoRouteHD cabling/transmitter.

This results in some serious 'bling' :D

Checkout the intake temps when you sit in a carpark :P

If you have a Garmin GPS with Bluetooth, they all support this device. I also hear that you can use a ODBII bluetooth transmitter and an Andriod phone with the 'Torque' application to do the same thing :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 8:12 pm 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
I also made another little change today with Jnr. Being a Ford there are obvious questions about build quality. It's a well known fact that the 'premium sound' option that was in the AU's and BA's was actually quite respectable. As time has gone on, most models now have the 'premium' sound package in the car and to be honest it's pretty average.

I spoke with some sound peeps who suggested changes to be made and how it's very hard working with new cars given everything has been integrated (sound/climate control/security) especially in the Fords.

Just doing some research on other car forums etc I found an article that suggested a 'FG Premium Sound Sub Fix'. It was a very simple change that required us to reverse the polarity of the sub woofer on the rear parcel shelf. Listening to it in the garage it definately sounded better but out on the road the difference was pretty much astonishing. The system went from lackluster to respectable.

It's such a simple change but there's two schools of thought as to why it makes all the difference.
- first is, manufacturing flaw where the wrong cable has been hooked up this entire time and never fixed
- second is, by reversing the polarity the noise interference with the rear speaker is reduced and you get a better range/sound.

I don't really understand #2, but #1 will do for now :P. Sure, it's not the best stereo around but its about 10 times better than it was and now doesn't feel like it needs upgrades any time soon.

Last edited by spitex on Wed 28 Sep, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.