[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
redlineAU.com • View topic - DR49 - R32 Gtst
redlineAU.com Search Search - FAQ

Messages Login

It is currently Thu 17 Jan, 2019 8:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: DR49 - R32 Gtst
PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 5:23 pm 
Warming up

Hey guys

Just thought i quickly share what i been working on over the past 6months, I bought a R32 Gtst off one of my mates and basically took everything out of my VC commodore along with a few upgrades for good measure. The car is once again a basic setup and with the right fuel and some clever tuning we have got some great results out of it.

Mods are as follows.

Rb25 Neo bottom end - unopened
Rb25 Neo head ,light port touch up with 272 9.7mm lift camtech cams
Plazmaman inlet manifold with 72mm throttle body
1600cc injectors in BMI fuel rail
6boost exhaust manifold with twin 40mm comp gates
GTX4508 Turbo
4" Dump pipe

Haltech PS2000
Haltech CDI6
Haltech/Racepak Display Dash and supporting sensors
Haltech Wide band sensor
Zex 100hp nitrous kit

Protrans PowerGlide
5500rpm TCE conveter
B&M Carbon shifter

Walbro intank pump
2 x Bosch 044's mounted on custom under car surge tank
Tuned on Power Plus E85 108ron

The car made 757hp on 30psi and on it's first trip to the track went 9.06@151mph.

Here's a vid of me smacking limiter at 9500rpm during a burnout on saturday arvo

And here's a vid of the 9.06 run

I'm more than happy with how it's gone so far we can't wait to put the new engine in and get some real numbers out of it and see if we can break well and truly into the 8's

Post subject: Re: DR49 - R32 Gtst
PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 6:36 pm 
I love lamp

Drives:
Fucking legend.
Forget that this was originally a car forum! Haha

Great work johhny boy

98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 9:59 pm 
Mr Indecisive

Well done. Very impressive time. :)

1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 10:17 pm 
Intuition

Wicked skid, you made the pass look pretty boring though :thumb

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 10:30 pm 
Warming up

Didn't know if was still acceptable to post car related matter on this forum.

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 10:31 pm 
I love lamp

Drives:
Johhny managed to update his NextUp Facebook page AND upload an instagram pic during that pass

98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 10:32 pm 
Power Suits are for Pussies

Drives:
Nice work love the skid :P

I recognize those number plates from the old days I think whats their history?

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 10:38 pm 
I love lamp

Drives:
They're 12mths old tops Jnr... No history there.
2+2 combo. Whenever that was released.

98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012 5:38 am 
Mr. Diplomacy

Drives:

"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012 7:22 am 
Mr Indecisive

1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012 7:52 am 
Mr. Diplomacy

Drives:

"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012 9:10 am 
Power Suits are for Pussies

Drives:

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012 9:31 am 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:

PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct, 2012 3:35 pm 
Warming up

Technology is the obvious answer, turbo's have changed so much in the past 2-3 yrs you can now get a small frame turbo which would have been lucky to make 550hp back in the day to be slightly more responsive and make 650hp or 750hp if you will to give up a little bit of response. The technology surrounding billet compressor wheels basically means you can now run turbo's at higher rpm's to allow more boost out of a smaller turbine wheel. Not to mention the fact that people are no longer scared of putting ridiculously large turbo's on small engines and using N02 to bring them on boost. Another big contributor is fuel (E85) has made it affordable to run race fuel and with better fuel comes better octane which means HP. I have customers running the pump E85 (eflex form caltex) the car is running 40psi and makes 850hp, this same car a few years ago would have been lucky to break 600hp.

PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct, 2012 4:29 pm 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
Wow, thanks for the info John, I figured things had come a fair way, but not that much.