[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
redlineAU.com • View topic - S14a 200SX
redlineAU.com Search Search - FAQ

Messages Login

It is currently Thu 17 Jan, 2019 8:42 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: S14a 200SX
PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2012 9:31 pm 
pants

Drives:
Kinda tried that before I pulled it all apart. It's just got the stock clutch fan but I didn't unbolt it.

The trouble is the manifold gets pretty hot pretty quickly and I couldn't find anything before I started to burn my knuckles!

Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population

Post subject: Re: S14a 200SX
PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2012 9:35 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke
Drives:
I'm outta ideas sorry :s

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2012 10:09 pm 
argument inc

Drives:
gaff up the flanges of the manifold real good and stick it in water... see if bubbles come out to indicate its leaking/cracked??

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr, 2012 11:06 am 
pants

Drives:
^ did this on the weekend

taped up the flanges on the exhaust manifold and the dump pipe, then dunked them in the pool.. no bubbles :(

Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population

PostPosted: Mon 23 Apr, 2012 1:03 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Drives:
Soapy water on the outside and compressed air on the inside?

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun, 2012 9:08 pm 
BLUE STEEL!

Drives:
havnt you fixed that thing yet danny?? when are you getting a micra so we can catch up and do a track day :)

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun, 2012 10:07 pm 
pants

Drives:
nope it's still sitting in the garage with no turbo on it :(

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2012 3:14 pm 
pants

Drives:
Started working on this thing again, keen to get it back on the road.

Anyone know a "friendly" roadworthy guy on the south side?

PostPosted: Mon 26 Nov, 2012 11:57 am 
pants

Drives:
Made time to put this back together on the weekend but it's still got the same fucking problem as before I pulled it all apart.

I cant tell where the leak is coming from. I tried squirting some baby power over the manifold/turbo/dump area but there's too much turbulence coming from the radiator fan to see anything. At least the engine bay smells nice now.

I think it might be easier to see if I can make the engine smoke some how.. then I'll be able to see where it's coming out. Maybe if I spray some throttle body cleaner through it? That generally tends to make the exhaust smoke for a while.

PostPosted: Mon 26 Nov, 2012 11:58 am 
pants

Drives:
Oh, it also started with the first turn of the key which was nice to see as it has been sitting for about 12 months.

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2013 7:05 pm 
BLUE STEEL!

Drives:
whats doing with the beast now mate? all sorted?

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2013 7:13 pm 
pants

Drives:
not yet

I bought a second hand turbo for it but haven't been back to the house to put it on yet

PostPosted: Sat 07 Sep, 2013 10:00 pm 
pants

Drives:
Turbo is on, car is registered again and being awesome :D

PostPosted: Wed 25 Sep, 2013 12:58 pm 
pants

Drives:
Took this to Gympie skidpan on the weekend, here's a piss-take video of how well I did: https://vimeo.com/75194339 :D

The car got a bit hot on a couple of runs, especially when the instructor guy took it for a spin just after I'd had a run. It didn't overheat, but it did get to about 7/8 on the gauge. It's never gotten that hot when driving on the street before, even doing flat out mountain runs. The bloke said he's never seen a 200SX do it at the skidpan either.

It did sit without any coolant in it for over 2 years and I left the hoses disconnected so there could be some crud blocking up the radiator a bit. For all I know some mud-wasps could have built a nest in there. Plan is to pull the radiator out and flush it, plus install a Nismo thermostat and new water pump. (easy to do while the radiator is out)

Also had problems with understeer on the pan. The front sway bar is currently on the medium setting so I'm going to try it on soft and see how it goes.

PostPosted: Wed 25 Sep, 2013 7:23 pm 
I love lamp

Drives:
What I wouldn't do to have a go in that car on that pan.

You didn't look like you linked too many lol. Only stirring, bet it was a blast.
I was fkn hopeless at Mt Cotton and only got a little better practicing on public roads.

Very envious.

98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

PostPosted: Wed 25 Sep, 2013 7:25 pm 
pants

Drives:
I'll have to do another edit showing that I did actually get through some corners without looping it :)

PostPosted: Wed 25 Sep, 2013 9:01 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Drives:
Wet concrete is hard to drift on, traction changes a lot even though a lot of it is wet.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Sep, 2013 10:33 pm 
pants

Drives:
Oh I want these: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1028376586

PostPosted: Sat 05 Oct, 2013 7:25 pm 
pants

Drives:
So, getting this back on the road "as cheaply as possible just so I can drive it" has turned into "I love this fkn car and it needs more mods"

So far I've bought/installed;

- New tyres for my nismo wheels (had legal tyres on the stockers but they're uglyyyy)
- Nismo engine and gearbox mounts
- Slotted front rotors (current ones are lipped pretty bad)
- Stereo gear I already had (going to steal the sub out of the commodore too, I only get to crank it when I'm alone in the car and now if I go somewhere alone I'll take this thing)

Currently on the wish list is an ECU + injectors + tune, and after my trip to the skid pan I want to replace the garbage VLSD too.

PostPosted: Sat 05 Oct, 2013 8:39 pm 
glass always half empty

Drives:
Needs moar photographies

(and less iPhone)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next