Laser vision correction

Got something you wanna know about fixing/improving your house or your quality of life? Or just info to share?
cGr
Intuition

Re: Laser vision correction

Post by cGr » Thu 21 Apr, 2016 8:51 pm

Great news Mick, must be great to be able to ditch the glasses!

SecaBoy
Mr Indecisive

Post by SecaBoy » Fri 22 Apr, 2016 11:55 am

thats awesome!

it really is amazing that your eyesight can improve straight away!
1991 Toyota Corolla Seca ==> SOLD
2001 Subaru Impreza WRX ==> SOLD
2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury ==> SOLD
1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

DreamensioN
4000RPM
Drives: Golf R

Post by DreamensioN » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:35 am

SecaBoy wrote:its definitely on my "saving for" list after reading your results and seeing a mate get the same results. (i believe he went to the same place as you did Noel)
Good stuff! For anybody that's thinking of getting this done, and wants to go through the same people I went through (Laser Sight) - say I recommended you. I get a gold class movie ticket for the recommendation. :D

DreamensioN
4000RPM

Post by DreamensioN » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:39 am

mick81 wrote:ok been in on Tuesday for the Op - 1 word "amazing"

Got there 7:15am for 7:30am appointment - doctor ran 30mins late - the usual
Nurse takes me in for observation and gives me 5mg Valium and explains what is going to happen. I am first 1 for the day :)
Lie down on the theatre bed and they prepare me and surgeon comes in - Right eye first then the left eye - I would estimate 5 mins per eye
They push the bed out from under the laser and nurse asks me if I am right to walk and I can already see quite well and am amazed considering they just cut a flap in my eye and lasered it
10mins later I text my wife and can see the screen reasonably clearly.
The first 24hrs is putting drops in every 1/2 hour and every 4hrs for some others except overnight
I do this religiously to make sure it heals great
1st night I am expecting it could get worse or wake up sore - get up in the morning and there is some gunk in the eye keeping it shut but other than that no pain and wiped away.
24 hrs later I go to my consult and get an eye test and I can see 3 lines better than 20/20 - this is where the word "amazing" comes in.
It is now just over 2 days since the operation and my vision is great - it is slightly hazy or not clear at times but I can see better than I could with glasses or contacts already

Highly recommend it to anyone considering it. No pain. Straight forward

Drops for next 6 months every 4 hours and sunglasses when outside which I usually do anyway

Great to hear! Do you know what your vision was before the operation?

And you need to do drops for the next "6 months"? Or was that a typo?

DreamensioN
4000RPM

Post by DreamensioN » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:41 am

SecaBoy wrote:thats awesome!

it really is amazing that your eyesight can improve straight away!
That's the advantage of LASIK (what Mick had) vs PRK (which is what I had). There are pro's and con's to both, and also depending on how bad your vision is - one may be recommended over the other.

mick81
Warming up
Drives: Sideways preferably

Post by mick81 » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:02 pm

My vision was -1.50 in both eyes

Yes they have said drops in eyes for next 6 months - just the general drops. The flucon drops are for 4 weeks and then they just say lubricate the eye for 6 months so it doesn't go dry. Today I have already only used the flucon drops and not needed the lubrication's drops - i anticipate the 6 months thing being a general you should but wont be required :)