Redsnap camera triggers

Think you're the next George Schaub or Annie Leibovitz? Show us what you've got in here, along with other tech advice or news

Moderators: German, DreamensioN

daBOODA
Mr. Diplomacy
Drives: sda0

Redsnap camera triggers

Post by daBOODA » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 12:29 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tri ... ra-trigger

Awesome Kickstarter project for a set of sensor triggers. There's a sound sensor, a laser beam sensor, a light sensor (for lightening) and a motion sensor.
"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

SecaBoy
Mr Indecisive

Re: Redsnap camera triggers

Post by SecaBoy » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 12:59 pm

i am well and truly over supporting kickstarter projects. the last two were backed AGGGEEESSSSSS ago and i still havent received my items.

i understand the fact that it'll take ages because they're still in the infancy stage of the product development, so there will always be hold ups, but these two are just taking the piss now!

apart from that, this product looks like a great idea. you'll have to post up when you get it in 2yrs time. :P
1991 Toyota Corolla Seca ==> SOLD
2001 Subaru Impreza WRX ==> SOLD
2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury ==> SOLD
1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

daBOODA
Mr. Diplomacy

Post by daBOODA » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 2:31 pm

Yeah I don't think I'd back a Kickstater project. But this product looks good so when it's actually available I might look into it.

Detecting lightening is something I'd be interested in. Setting up a trap to take photos of cheeky possums would be fun too
"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

cGr
Intuition

Post by cGr » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 2:56 pm

Are there not kits/instructions around that you could use to make a noise trigger yourself?

daBOODA
Mr. Diplomacy

Post by daBOODA » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 3:03 pm

You could say the same thing for nuclear reactors, submarines and rissoles but who has the time?

cGr
Intuition

Post by cGr » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 3:05 pm

Dude, you made a honeycomb grid for your flash from black straws you bought on ebay...

lol... Rissoles...

daBOODA
Mr. Diplomacy

Post by daBOODA » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 3:14 pm

I know, right?

If I agree to look into home made light triggers do I need to delete this post?

cGr
Intuition

Post by cGr » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 8:36 pm

No :P

Wait till the kid pops out and you'll realise 2 things about your time:
1) What you actually did in a day to fill it before having to look after something that takes 100% of your time. I really don't know how I wasted so much time.
2) How long it actually takes to do something. Especially going out - no more picking up the wallet/keys/phone and walking out the door!

dorift
I love lamp
Drives: Toyota Hilux Diablo

Post by dorift » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 9:06 pm

Continuing off-topic; fcked if I know how people have 3/4/5 kids hey. Takes forever just to get out of the house with one, and expensive if you do it wrong.

Back to the topic sorry.
89 Corolla SX
90 Pulsar GTiR
95 Barina GSi
98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

daBOODA
Mr. Diplomacy

Post by daBOODA » Sun 20 Oct, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeah I got no time as it is right now so I'm going to need a Tardis to keep up when bub comes.