Cheap IPhone 5 (new) + Telstra 4G (cheapest you will get)

For chat about everything, from the world of gadgets, to improving your home theatre setup.

Moderators: DreamensioN, Splash

spitex
GTiR wannabe
Drives: FPV F6

Cheap IPhone 5 (new) + Telstra 4G (cheapest you will get)

Post by spitex » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 8:36 am

Goto http://www.telstra.com.au/friendsandfamily

Put your normal email address in. You can port from a another network to them too.

Plan Details - $10 minimum per month - capped at $39 which is '$400 worth of calls and 1GB of data'.

iPhone 5 16G - Out of Stock
iPhone 5 32G works out to be $10p/m plan (capped at $39) + $15 p/m Handset repayment - 24 month term.
iPhone 5 64G works out to be $10p/m plan (capped at $49) + $20 p/m Handset repayment - 24 month term.

Obviously, if you use the plan, you're going to be up for up to $39 a month, but it's still better than most Telstra's plans - and obviously its the best mobile network you can be on - @ 4G too. If you make a tonne of calls (more than $400) this will incur additional charges - but $400 should fit most people fine.

Phone is unlocked and you can just sell it on Ebay for $400+ straight up if you are so inclined.

I got this for myself as I always keep a spare phone laying about and I had a Vaya $11 plan previously for my non 100% working 3GS laying about at home. I lend this to friends/family if they come in from overseas, or just to have another mobile in the event of issues with primary etc. When I travel to Europe this year I will take the iPhone 5 incase it gets broken/stolen/lost instead of the $800+ iPhone 5S.

Essentially I am now paying $360 for an iPhone 5 32G over 2 years. You can also cancel the mobile plan without ETC but you may still need to chip in for the phone.

A single person can have up to 5 of these plans associated with them - and 5 handsets.

Critical Information Summary: https://telstra.com.au/misc/cis-friends ... a-plan.pdf

Not a bad deal tbh! :) (Telstra obviously unloading stock).

Eu-GenixX
5000RPM
Drives: CJ Lancer VR

Re: Cheap IPhone 5 (new) + Telstra 4G (cheapest you will get

Post by Eu-GenixX » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 3:31 pm

Will look into this. Cheers for the heads up.

dan
argument inc
Drives: German's mum........

Post by dan » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 8:09 pm

isn't this plan only for telstra staff and family of staff?
camo means mogg, and mogg means business

spitex
GTiR wannabe
Drives: FPV F6

Post by spitex » Sun 23 Feb, 2014 8:42 pm

.... just sign up anyway dan - tonnes from OzBargain and Whirlpool are. Many have their phones and all working.

dan
argument inc
Drives: German's mum........

Post by dan » Mon 24 Feb, 2014 12:29 pm

i've already got a spare phone

camo means mogg, and mogg means business