Random- DAB+ fm transmitters?

For chat about everything, from the world of gadgets, to improving your home theatre setup.

Moderators: DreamensioN, Splash

dorift
I love lamp
Drives: Toyota Hilux Diablo

Random- DAB+ fm transmitters?

Post by dorift » Wed 07 May, 2014 8:19 pm

So a while ago I stumbled across an article or Facebook post or something that referred to one of these. Receive digital radio on one of these things and then tune it into one of your FM signals.
Reason I want one is the missus whinges about the "sound" of AM radio which I listen to. And I prefer the digital as well, giving me the option of more stations, but primarily ABC with nice sound. Car has no provision for inputs (standard stereo) and I don't have enough data on my phone plan to warrant using TuneIn anyway.
I had a quick google and couldn't find much other than a Pure brand one for around $100. Is there any other options I'm missing?
If that's the cost so be it, I'll cough up. But thought I'd check before buying. Car has an aftermarket Bluetooth system for phone which works flawlessly with the standard stereo so I don't want to mess with the stuff.
Looks like they'd be pretty portable so that would be a bonus between our two cars.
89 Corolla SX
90 Pulsar GTiR
95 Barina GSi
98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)