[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
redlineAU.com • View topic - Apple TV
redlineAU.com Search Search - FAQ

Messages Login

It is currently Fri 18 Jan, 2019 6:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Apple TV
PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2014 8:25 am 
glass always half empty

Drives:
We got one the other day as pigbond movies is pretty shit tbh, the content on offer is total bugger all compared to iTunes. Only redeeming feature is that the downloads aren't metered. That and the ABC killed in the night garden from 6.30pm timeslot. This program puts miss 2 to bed. Easy, bucket ton of content on YouTube. Win.

But the desktop mirror mode is fkg horrid. Jerky as hell. Surely it can't be as bad as it is, I think it's time to replace my ageing netgear wifi router would I be correct?

Post subject: Re: Apple TV
PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:14 am 
Permantly Unavailable

Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke
Drives:
Streaming any video via wifi can be jerky.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2014 5:00 pm 
male housemaid

I stream from an ipad to the ATV and it works fine. for some reason it is better on mirror, but I think that is due to the app.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2014 6:57 pm 
4000RPM

Nothing beats wired networking

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2014 7:46 pm 
Intuition

AppleTV mirroring works fine for me, smooth as.

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:17 pm 
I love lamp

Drives:
worked fine for me too. Amazingly.

Nothing ever does, except apple.

98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug, 2014 8:57 am 
glass always half empty

Drives:
Yep, convinced it's the router then. Been using it for close to 5 years and Wifi protocols have gotten a lot better in that time.

It doesn't matter which device I attempt to mirror. 4S, iPad mini ret, or my macbook air....judders with all 3 even in 480p. Fkn lame.

What's a good router that won't sting me too much. DStink? Netgear? Billion? I have zero clue with hardware nowadays :?

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug, 2014 9:17 am 
I love lamp

Drives:
I couldn't recommend billion any more. I've only ever bought two of their products and both have failed.

98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug, 2014 10:00 am 
1000RPM

I've got a billion router and a couple repeaters. Can't remember the last time I had to power cycle something.

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug, 2014 5:37 pm 
argument inc

Drives:
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/157580

PostPosted: Wed 12 Aug, 2015 8:27 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Drives:
Resurrecting an old thread, those of you with an Apple TV, does the remote need to be line of sight? Or can I tuck the unit behind the tv and still use the remote?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed 12 Aug, 2015 8:36 pm 
glass always half empty

Drives:
Line of sight. I totally hate the ATV remote. It's too small, I lose it 80 times in a week and I constantly press the incorrect arrow buttons because they're built around the OK/home key.

Post subject: Apple TV
PostPosted: Wed 12 Aug, 2015 9:18 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Drives:
Hrmmm.... I could use the remote app. I'm just considering ditching the chromecast. I'm sick of it being glitchy. Not connecting, not pausing, having its own built in DNS servers (I have blocked them but U.S. Netflix is still not working properly)

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2015 8:09 am 
male housemaid

I find the remote easy to use, but a pain to search through heaps of files.

Its easier to stream to the ATV using my phone or ipad - this is how I use Plex sometimes. No loss of quality either.

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2015 10:42 am 
Permantly Unavailable

Drives:
So plex streams to ATV? Or is it jailbroken?

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2015 2:36 pm 
male housemaid

it is jalibroken. no idea if this makes any difference with the streaming though.

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2015 2:43 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Drives:
Yeah I don't think non jailbroken will stream plex. Not that it matters, I can stream plex through my T-Box

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2015 4:20 pm 
Intuition

You can make plex work on AppleTV without jail breaking it. I have it running on an ATV3 and the wife loves it.

Pretty sure you can stream from plex app to a standard AppleTV anyway, will check tonight.

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2015 8:55 pm 
pants

Drives:

Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug, 2015 9:38 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Drives:
Well that's handy, having to search with the remote sucks!! I'll pair my Logitech tomorrow. I'll have a hunt around about plex too!!