[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
redlineAU.com • View topic - Movie/TV thread- reviews & suggestions
redlineAU.com Search Search - FAQ

Messages Login

It is currently Thu 17 Jan, 2019 8:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Movie/TV thread- reviews & suggestions
PostPosted: Mon 28 Sep, 2015 6:05 pm 
Self appointed rAU God

Drives:
Yep... i saw that it came down.

I have a problem as Moo is up the coast until Friday.... do I watch it without her or not :)

Circuit PB's: | Sprint = 52.9 | Clubman = 56.0 | National = 1:15.3| Sportsman = 53.7| Lakeside = 54.8

PostPosted: Mon 28 Sep, 2015 7:11 pm 
1000RPM

Drives:
Prior experience, Nooooooooooooooooooooo, Moo will kill you
or
watch it and then play dumb and watch it again when she gets home :P

PostPosted: Sun 13 Mar, 2016 4:27 pm 
Self appointed rAU God

Drives:

7.5/10

I actually really liked it. Was expecting mediocre and possibly an alright way to spend 90 mins, but it was way better than that :)

Circuit PB's: | Sprint = 52.9 | Clubman = 56.0 | National = 1:15.3| Sportsman = 53.7| Lakeside = 54.8

PostPosted: Sun 13 Mar, 2016 4:28 pm 
Self appointed rAU God

Drives:
I also need some more TV to watch :)

GO!

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar, 2016 6:14 am 
Self appointed rAU God

Drives:
The joys of wet rainy Sundays and having the perfect place to watch movies in your house... two in one day :)

8.5/10

Base in the cold war and all about negotiating the deal. Very entertaining and a great watch!

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2016 11:40 am 
5000RPM

Drives:
Making a Murderer
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5189670/

I enjoyed following this 10 part documentary series about the case of Steven Avery. For those of you not familiar...here is a quick summary.
1. Steven Avery is locked up in 1985 for rape & assault - he claims he's innocent and wasn't even in the area at the time. Cops ignore evidence and testimony of witnesses and pin it on Steven.
2. Steven is locked up for 18yrs until he's exonerated by DNA evidence. He clearly didn't do it and was innocent.
3. Steven then sues the local police department for $36mil for false imprisonment and the way they handled his case.
4. All of a sudden the remains of a dead body turn up on his property. He's charged with murder.

Steven claims he's being framed because of the law suit.

It's very interesting to see how it pans out. Well worth a watch of all 10 parts. It has dodgy written all over it.

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2016 1:40 pm 
1000RPM

I nearly forgot about that show. jeez you end up hating some of the police and prosecutors and pretty much everyone in manitoba county.
if you're planning on suing your local county police, it might be a good idea to move far, far away.

anyone watched Letterkenny?

PostPosted: Sun 29 May, 2016 11:43 am 
Self appointed rAU God

Drives:

9/10

I have never stepped inside a church in my life other than weddings and funerals.... and that has been an active choice of my parents when I was young and mine once I was old enough. This movie.... JUST WOW in such a bad way. :(

Watch it!

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun, 2016 1:47 pm 
Self appointed rAU God

Drives:
Movies:

7/10

Documentary style telling of an election campaign, and not bad if you have a couple of hours on your hands

9/10

American football head hits sending playing literally off the edge

TV

If you like Chicago PD and Chicago Fire then get on it. We really enjoy it. Not really for the weak stomach people as there is a fair amount of blood.

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jun, 2016 6:01 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke
Drives:
Yeah we don't mind Chicago Med either.

New one we are into though is The Catch.

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jun, 2016 11:32 am 
I love lamp

Drives:
Absolutely loving House of Cards. Nearly done season 4. Binge watching ftw

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2016 11:33 am 
5000RPM

Drives:
House of Cards is good!!

I recently finished The Night Manager
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399664/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I really enjoyed it! It's only 6 parts - but it totally sucked me in.

And after watching that, I finally got into Vinyl.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3186130/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Vinyl was also really good. Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese got together to make a TV show about the birth of the 70's music scene.
I see the show divided a lot of people. Some people said they hated it and it sucked. Others say they loved it. I'm part of the "I loved it" crowd. I thought it was a fantastic show. Unfortunately HBO have canned it after just 1 season. I thought the show was a winner and the way S1 ended, you could clearly see they had S2 in mind. I recommend watching this anyway. It's good viewing, and (I hope), you feel like me at the end where you really want to see a second season.

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2016 12:00 pm 
Mr Indecisive

thats the worst feeling though.
i'm still bitter about the tv show Las Vegas and how it ended!

Person of Interest has finished. that last season kept me guessing the whole way through it.
shames its ended. i really loved that show! :(

1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2016 5:31 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke
Drives:
London has fallen was pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:32 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
Mr Robot S02E01 just landed today!

PostPosted: Tue 12 Jul, 2016 12:16 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
Hardcore Henry - I haven't seen this yet, but the trailer looks interesting.
One of the IMDB review titles is "First person shooter - the movie"

IMDB also rates it above average. Might be worth a watch.

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2016 9:04 pm 
Self appointed rAU God

Drives:
Nope. Almost got motion sickness watched the short trailer. No way that I could watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:24 am 
5000RPM

Drives:
The Fall
I've had this show for a little while but only just started watching it.  Season 3 is currently screening...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294189/

I'm half way through Season 1, and I like it.  It's a bit like True Detective. 

If you want a good crime/serial killer/police investigative/detective show to watch - get onto it!

PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct, 2016 3:51 pm 
male housemaid

The Fall is great, pretty dark but interesting.

I watched "Nice Guys" a couple of weeks ago. Great movie. The scene where they are at the burnt house is one of the best I have ever seen in a movie.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar, 2017 7:48 am 
Self appointed rAU God

Drives:
TV

- 8/10

Great for a watch, we have completed the entire first season and really looking forward to season 2 which has already been green lighted.

8/10

We have watch the first 2 episodes and have the rest of the season queued on PLEX ready to roll

[/url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399045/?ref_=nv_sr_1]MacGyver[/url] 3/10

Far fetched and poor acting kinda hurts this. I have dragged myself though the first 6 or so episodes but I think that I am finally done with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next