Need ideas/help with a new system

Performance, Aesthetic or Audio ... post in here!
Jonesy
1000RPM
Drives: Pootrol

Need ideas/help with a new system

Post by Jonesy » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 1:19 am

Well if all things go right i'll have a new truck in the next couple of days. (I've got this bad habbit of buying cars while i'm overseas). Its going to be a GU patrol with the only thing left stock in the stereo so i'm looking into a system for it.
I'm a bit of an Alpine fan so would prob head that way but would like some thoughts on what i should look at/get. The standard head unit is a Double Din so would like to keep to a double din.
system requiremments are to play Mp3's, IPod conection, DVD audio/video, Reverse cam (Cause you can't see stuff all out of the back of this thing), good quality sound with out costing the earth. Would like also to use as much of the factory locations as posable also. Does anyone know what size speakers the partols run and would there be any space problems?

I've been looking on the Alpine site and have found this
5.1 Digital Theater System
Head unit - IVA-W202E
Amps - MR A-F355 V-Power 5.1 Digital Theatre Amplifier, MR P-M500 V-Power Digital Mono Power Amplifier
Speakers - SPS-600C Type-S Component Speakers, SPS-600 Type-S Coaxial Speakers, DL B-100R Centre Speaker
Sub - SWS-1243D Type-S Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer

Currently this system is advitised for $2K

Also thinking of adding a TXM-R1050E 10.2" WVGA Monitor for the rear for $900.

What do you guys think? Would you have any ideas of extras or changes that you would reckonmend?

blv
Permantly Unavailable
Drives: MTB
Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke

Post by blv » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 2:31 am

i think the reverse camera is still in it. Also, i think the front speakers on the patrol are shallow. not as shallow as the GQ, but i think its something you may need to sus out before getting a set of normal depth fronts. If the rear doors on the ST patrol also have speakers, id assume the front and rear doors would have the same depth.
I just don't know if people like me. I know when they don't like me 'cause they'll say things like, 'Yeah, that's him, officer.'

Jonesy
1000RPM

Post by Jonesy » Sat 12 Sep, 2009 2:09 pm

so no one else has any comments?

anyone used or heard what the slimline pioneer subs are like?

blv
Permantly Unavailable
Drives: MTB
Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke

Post by blv » Sat 12 Sep, 2009 8:04 pm

one of my mates runs one his his lilux single cab. It sounds pretty good, but again its only a small cab. in the patrol cab, being huge, you may need more than one. ;)
I just don't know if people like me. I know when they don't like me 'cause they'll say things like, 'Yeah, that's him, officer.'

Jonesy
1000RPM

Post by Jonesy » Sat 12 Sep, 2009 8:19 pm

yeah i know, its like a lounge room not a car. That said there isn't going to be too much room to play with cause of the rear draws. Was thinking of fitting the subs and amps under/behind the rear seats so i can keep them in when i go touring (have to have tunes on a trip)