Dirt Bikes

Performance, Aesthetic or Audio ... post in here!
German
plays the skin flute
Drives: Ms Piggy.. Dans GF

Dirt Bikes

Post by German » Tue 11 Oct, 2011 3:28 pm

Who knows what about them?

What are some pros and cons for the major brands such as KTM, Honda, Yamaha, Husqvarna.

At the moment the only ones i've liked have turned out to bit assemble yourself pitbikes, which aren't as big as I thought they would be.

Would a pit bike be more fun being using on a large property(50acres) out warwick way or would proper dirt bike be the way to go?
dan wrote:i suck- please carry on! :)

MY04BA
is really dads
Drives: BA Falcon

Post by MY04BA » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 3:55 pm

Buy one of the cheap chinese ones and it'll either fall apart or die after the third time you ride it.....if you're lucky.

If you're serious about getting into riding then get a decent bike like a YZ (yamaha) or CRF (honda) Kawaksaki are pretty good too.

If it's just for fun then jump on ebay and find a cheap shitter.

I bought my bike which is a 82' yamaha xt200 and it's awesome fun and it only cost me $150. Had to service it but still a cheap thrill
The young and innocent one of rAU :P

xtralights
Started
Drives: audi

Re: Dirt Bikes

Post by xtralights » Thu 31 May, 2012 4:50 pm

German wrote:Who knows what about them?

What are some pros and cons for the major brands such as KTM, Honda, Yamaha, Husqvarna.

At the moment the only ones i've liked have turned out to bit assemble yourself pitbikes, which aren't as big as I thought they would be.

Would a pit bike be more fun being using on a large property(50acres) out warwick way or would proper dirt bike be the way to go?
I think ebay is the best option for you.

Ewen
2000RPM
Drives: Porsche Cayman S

Re: Dirt Bikes

Post by Ewen » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:30 pm

My mate has one of those chinese pittys, 175cc ... It has been very reliable so far, no massive jumps but nothing tiny either.
Porsche Cayman S 987.2

Don't mention the war.