headunit wiring

Performance, Aesthetic or Audio ... post in here!
dan
argument inc
Drives: German's mum........

headunit wiring

Post by dan » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 8:32 pm

tldr; gents, i know you can get an female iso to male sony adaptor for a head unit.... but can you get a female sony to male iso adaptor??

the backstory; so i bought a new head unit to replace the old sony thing in the truck (one of these) and figured i would try and install it this evening... a bit optimistic considering i only had a torch for light, and i hadn't had dinner yet... and surprisingly managed to get the dash apart without breaking or losing anything, but i was a little disappointed to find that when the previous owner changed the head unit that they cut off the standard iso adaptor and spliced in all the cables for the sony head unit. which has a different plug to the JVC head unit i bought. i really cbf-ed splicing 12+ cables together in the dark, so i put everything back together and surprisingly it all still works. anyway, i would really prefer to avoid splicing the cables full stop, so i was hoping i might be able to buy a sony-iso adaptor? then i can use my iso-jvc adaptor to connect it. do these exist?
camo means mogg, and mogg means business

unwritten law
MILF Hunter!

Re: headunit wiring

Post by unwritten law » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 9:17 pm

Did the same thing last week when I ripped out the stock single din to replace with a double din sony. I ended up buying 2 cables at $16ea. Mitsubishi to iso to sony.
GRY32
GRYXXXII

dan
argument inc

Post by dan » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:03 am

did you get a new car CO??

did you notice if they had sony to iso??

unwritten law
MILF Hunter!

Post by unwritten law » Tue 15 Apr, 2014 11:19 pm

I don't know mate, I just ordered on supercheap website and did a store pickup, was waiting for me at the counter, paid for it and checked if it was correct out in the carpark which it was.

Yeah got an NP pajero (Cue wanker jokes)

What did you end up getting?
GRY32
GRYXXXII

dan
argument inc

Post by dan » Wed 16 Apr, 2014 9:18 am

ahhh right-o. i might try and swap the JVC head unit for a sony one, hopefully it has the same plug.

an NP is nice. petrol? did you sell the focus??

i bought an old GQ patrol, but it's a bit of a truck so i kept the focus. we should go up bribie or something.

unwritten law
MILF Hunter!

Post by unwritten law » Wed 16 Apr, 2014 1:53 pm

Might be easier changing to a sony deck unless your heart is set on the jvc. Will save a few f's and c's splicing and soldering wires.

Sold the focus while I was looking around. Looked at a fair few pajeros and prados. It was hard to find one that was well looked after with service history, was really over it near the end.

Got a 3.2L diesel auto and the missus is starting to drive it too. Very surprised at how easy it is to drive around town in traffic and in terms of turning circle etc. Just installed a reverse camera this week.

GQ - classic shape. I remember going up to DI in one when I was a kid. Petrol or diesel?
GRY32
GRYXXXII

dan
argument inc

Post by dan » Wed 16 Apr, 2014 3:23 pm

yep, i think so. i will be fscked off if the new sonys have a different plug to the old ones though!!

ahhh that sounds like a nice rig. they seem like good buying those pajeros, i was looking at high km ones before i settled on the GQ. good to hear yours is good around town.... mine certainly isn't. funny your missus likes driving it, my missus likes the GQ as well. she is horrible with a clutch though, so i try to avoid it wherever possible.

GQ is petrol+lpg, manual. it is an 89, so carbs, manual hubs, no central locking..... very old school. at least it's easy/cheap to fix.