[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
redlineAU.com • View topic - Cordless home phone
redlineAU.com Search Search - FAQ

Messages Login

It is currently Fri 18 Jan, 2019 6:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Cordless home phone
PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 9:44 am 
glass always half empty

Drives:
Anyone got one lying around?

Uniden DECT, Panasonic etc. doesn't need to be fancy so long as it works well - good reception.

Ours is cactus. Gumtree has buttloads but thought I'd save hassle if someone here has one first

Last edited by iano on Thu 16 Jan, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Cordless home phone
PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 9:47 am 
male housemaid

Do people still call you on a landline?

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 9:48 am 
glass always half empty

Drives:
Absolutely they do why else would I be asking

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:06 am 
male housemaid

Seems nearly pointless these days.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:15 am 
argument inc

Drives:
people still use landlines????

next iano will have a WTB thread for a fax machine.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:32 am 
Mr. Diplomacy

Drives:
Up until a couple of months ago Karen had to fax timesheets to the agency for her relief work. They only just went to e-mails, which is a pain in the ass for me because the all-in-one fax/print/scan/copy I have doesn't scan to Mac :(

"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 12:06 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
Well that blows goats...

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 1:16 pm 
male housemaid

Just go to the local phone box to dial out.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 1:25 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke
Drives:

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 1:26 pm 
glass always half empty

Drives:

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 1:29 pm 
5000RPM

Drives:
Go to Kmart.. That's where we got our from I think....~$30

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 3:20 pm 
Permantly Unavailable

Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke
Drives:
Yeah I got a twin kit for like $50 from officeworks.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 3:29 pm 
GTiR wannabe

Drives:
The whole process of posting a thread and buying second hand seems like a waste of time when you can just get something from officeworks for $10 anyway?

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 3:45 pm 
male housemaid

I am actually curious about how many people under 40 years of age have home phones...?

I don't, and suspect many people on this forum wouldn't either.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 4:36 pm 
Mr. Diplomacy

Drives:
I have a home phone. But I had to have it to get internetzzz.

I think older parents like to call on the land line still. Mum doesn't have a mobile so I'm always calling her on the land line.

Those hand held phones are not $10 btw. Decent ones can get up to $200 farkin!

"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 4:55 pm 
argument inc

Drives:
i do, but only because it is the cheapest way to get DSL. i didn't have a phone plugged into it for 2-3yrs, but i recently found an old telecom touchfone 200 and plugged that in. i got a few spammy calls so i turned the ringer down. nobody, not even me, has the number. i don't know why i plugged it in. i used it once to order a taxi. it cost me 30c. i could have done that for free on my iphone.

i guess if it were cordless i would use it a lot more though.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 7:07 pm 
1000RPM

Drives:
Iano, we have a 3 phone system, cordless phone with a base station and two more remote cordless if you want it.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 7:08 pm 
glass always half empty

Drives:
Exactly what I'm looking for mate - will send you a pm

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 8:58 pm 
1000RPM

Lucky I am over 40, I have a home phone. Part of the deal with Telstra, but also useful for us retirees.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan, 2014 9:01 pm 
Intuition

Ironically, I have a home phone. It's free (part of naked dsl), and the only people who call us on it are the parents. We've just got my father-in-law to use lower case and put full stops into SMS's. I'm reluctant to move him into the 21st century, so will leave them with a landline.