Cordless home phone

Chasing something in particular? Post in here. Just don't buy from rhomel... he's a very dodgy character

Moderator: German

iano
glass always half empty
Drives: by my own accord

Re: Cordless home phone

Post by iano » Thu 16 Jan, 2014 9:50 pm

Pretty much the exact same reason we still have one. I do clock up a fair bit of STD though, which minute by minute is far cheaper than a mobile.

And dammit, I'm an ex professional phone monkey - a proper full sized phone is far more of a pleasure to talk on than a dinky little mobile and (when the connection works as it should), skype.
This isn't life, it's just stuff. And it's become more important to you than living. Well, honey, that's just nuts

blv
Permantly Unavailable
Drives: MTB
Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke

Post by blv » Thu 16 Jan, 2014 10:23 pm

Home phone here too, as part of the net plan. Only parents and grandparents call us on it.
I just don't know if people like me. I know when they don't like me 'cause they'll say things like, 'Yeah, that's him, officer.'

dorift
I love lamp
Drives: Toyota Hilux Diablo

Post by dorift » Thu 16 Jan, 2014 10:45 pm

Land line here too. Free with our internet plan setup we've got.
But I don't answer it. Ever. Because it's either my in-laws, or a telemarketer.
And I don't use it for outgoing either. Because my mobile is unlimited calls. And I don't call people anyway because I don't like phone conversations, and I have no friends.
89 Corolla SX
90 Pulsar GTiR
95 Barina GSi
98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

Eu-GenixX
5000RPM
Drives: CJ Lancer VR

Post by Eu-GenixX » Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:03 pm

Tyler uses our landline. Calls his friends and his friends call all the time.

SecaBoy
Mr Indecisive

Post by SecaBoy » Fri 17 Jan, 2014 7:21 am

we have a landline at home but it never gets used. it rang one day and neither mum or dad went to answer it, and so i got up to answer it and they said "dont bother, its either a telemarketer or a relo from overseas". :lol:

every time i've lived outta home though, we've never had a landline.
if the only number you give to people (ie, your parents/grandparents/etc) is your mobile, then they have no other choice but to call you on that. ;)
1991 Toyota Corolla Seca ==> SOLD
2001 Subaru Impreza WRX ==> SOLD
2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury ==> SOLD
1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

tipper
male housemaid

Post by tipper » Fri 17 Jan, 2014 8:43 am

iano wrote:Pretty much the exact same reason we still have one. I do clock up a fair bit of STD though, which minute by minute is far cheaper than a mobile.

And dammit, I'm an ex professional phone monkey - a proper full sized phone is far more of a pleasure to talk on than a dinky little mobile and (when the connection works as it should), skype.
Easy solution...

daBOODA
Mr. Diplomacy
Drives: sda0

Post by daBOODA » Fri 17 Jan, 2014 8:58 am

SecaBoy wrote: if the only number you give to people (ie, your parents/grandparents/etc) is your mobile, then they have no other choice but to call you on that. ;)
Except my mum 'pranks' me on my mobile then I call her back. I guess it's worth using up the minutes on my mobile.
"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

SecaBoy
Mr Indecisive

Post by SecaBoy » Fri 17 Jan, 2014 9:00 am

yeah, my grandma's do the same to me. except they dont quite understand the concept of pranking. they let it ring out and then i call them back. lol
1991 Toyota Corolla Seca ==> SOLD
2001 Subaru Impreza WRX ==> SOLD
2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury ==> SOLD
1990 Nissan Silvia RB20DET ==> SOLD
2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL ==> SOLD
2010 Ford Falcon XR6T ==> SOLD
:cry
2016 VW Polo 81TSI DSG

wrx
Self appointed rAU God
Drives: the bus to hell

Post by wrx » Fri 17 Jan, 2014 5:24 pm

Mine is in the top drawer as the only people that have the number seem to be telemarketers

I hate desk phones that much I refuse to use my work one! All out bound calls are on my mobile and inbound are forwarded to my mobile.
ImageImageImageImage

Circuit PB's: | Sprint = 52.9 | Clubman = 56.0 | National = 1:15.3| Sportsman = 53.7| Lakeside = 54.8

gtirboy
1000RPM
Drives: MY00 Subaru Outback

Post by gtirboy » Fri 17 Jan, 2014 6:26 pm

We still have a home phone and yes only the oldies call on it. Our mobiles connect to the home phone via Bluetooth so we can answer and make calls through the home phone using our mobile credit. It also uses the battery power of the cordless to power the base station when the power goes out.
Todd

iano
glass always half empty
Drives: by my own accord

Post by iano » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 5:26 pm

Zee phone has been sourced. Thank you all for your valuable, and not so valuable comments. You stay classy redlineAU.
This isn't life, it's just stuff. And it's become more important to you than living. Well, honey, that's just nuts