cheap mechanic

Performance, Aesthetic or Audio ... post in here!
dan
argument inc
Drives: German's mum........

cheap mechanic

Post by dan » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 9:25 am

gents,

i had an old-school mechanic in newstead that was around the corner from me and always cheap and reliable. unfortunately they just closed because their office manager (74yo mother) has bad cataracts and they can't afford to pay someone a market wage to be their new office manager. now i know why they were so cheap...!

anyway, i need someone to take the patrol to for servicing. it is an olllld car - 25yo, carby, LPG - so i am trying to find an old school mechanic. somewhere around the inner north greatly preferred. if the mechanic is in the outer south its so much of a pain to get to that he'd want to drive me to work whilst a 20yo blonde polishes my shoes. any recommendations?

cheers,

- dan
camo means mogg, and mogg means business

daBOODA
Mr. Diplomacy
Drives: sda0

Re: cheap mechanic

Post by daBOODA » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 9:43 am

Maybe not cheap but not expensive either:

http://www.katsauto.com.au/

Inner South (East Brisbane). They'll give you a list of everything you should fix with it, though.
"The argument doesn't work with me. Go back to your cracker jack lifestyle and I'll meet you at the evolutionary bell curve ... I'll be sitting there a while, it's kind of a tortoise and the hare story." - Bill Hicks

iano
glass always half empty
Drives: by my own accord

Post by iano » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:53 am

My guy'd definitely fix it. That type of thing is his bread & butter. Works on light trucks, fourbies, land cruisers, land rovers, patrols etc etc. Older stuff that isn't too complicated. Doesn't touch newer cars requiring diagnostic computers to tell you if the ESC still works.

He is however all the way out on Redland Bay Rd Capalaba thick in the sticks.

He's serviced both our Hondas for about 150,000k combined. They both purr like a bird and as far as Honda's go have hardly costed a cent to keep on the road.
This isn't life, it's just stuff. And it's become more important to you than living. Well, honey, that's just nuts

dorift
I love lamp
Drives: Toyota Hilux Diablo

Post by dorift » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 2:35 pm

iano wrote:My guy'd definitely fix it. That type of thing is his bread & butter. Works on light trucks, fourbies, land cruisers, land rovers, patrols etc etc. Older stuff that isn't too complicated. Doesn't touch newer cars requiring diagnostic computers to tell you if the ESC still works.

He is however all the way out on Redland Bay Rd Capalaba thick in the sticks.

He's serviced both our Hondas for about 150,000k combined. They both purr like a bird and as far as Honda's go have hardly costed a cent to keep on the road.

Umm
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1414038948338.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1414038948338.jpg (38.38 KiB) Viewed 10379 times
89 Corolla SX
90 Pulsar GTiR
95 Barina GSi
98 200sx
04 Forester XT
99 Hilux ute (woohoo!)

iano
glass always half empty
Drives: by my own accord

Post by iano » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 4:14 pm

lol shut up. sing like a bird.
This isn't life, it's just stuff. And it's become more important to you than living. Well, honey, that's just nuts

cGr
Intuition

Post by cGr » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 7:19 pm

Did anyone else read this:
dan wrote:their office manager (74yo mother) has bad cataracts

With this?
iano wrote:My guy'd definitely fix it.

Splash
pants
Drives: with eyes closed

Post by Splash » Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:23 pm

lol @ dorift

Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population